Saturday, September 12, 2009

Follow the (damn) (yellow, brown, whatever) brick road

I have this eternal problem of what to wear. Thing is- when I am on a gig, I can't show up with JUST rehearsal clothes... Heck, I can't even arrive to rehearsal with "rehearsal clothes", I need to "represent" my self well. This means that the only shoes that don't give me backache- my sneakers, are not anything I want to be seen in. Ever.
So all the shoes I brought with me , are all heels. Boots and shoes- heels heels heels.
If you ever been to Cologne, you probably noticed that most of the side walks are built of little (impossible to walk on with heels) bricks. (But you probably were a tourist, and didn't need to think to yourself: "I need to look representable.". You were just wearing your ugly sneakers and not giving a flying frog that you are looking like an American tourist, and you were zooming around town feeling fabulous anyway).
But you see- *I* can't do that. I need to walk on my heels and slip fall and ache all the way to the theater and back, because I simply don't look good in flats. That's all I have to say.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take you heals in a bag and wear on the way to (and back ) your confortable sneakers!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Argh, I hate wearing heels too! However, I found some great companies that, with sufficient search, provide excellent, stylish, and most importantly, COMFORTABLE heeled shoes that don't even come close to resembling the outer appearance of touristy sneakers!
If you get a chance, check out Rockport, Clark's (my personal fave), and Aerosoles. Even Kenneth Cole, Anne Klein, and Nine West have deceptively comfortable options. Don't you think we suffer enough, without uncomfortable shoes added in? Best of luck to you!
-Carol

12:21 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Thanks Carol! I will definitely get me a pair of those!
:) xoxo

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home