Sunday, October 16, 2005

If you want to survive; SING!

In the second act of Barbiere, there's an orchestral few minutes of a storm scene.
In this production, the 'wind' is blowing, windows are banging, doors opening and closing, people are 'blown' by the strong 'wind', with their umbrellas breaking under the 'harsh' weather.
'Lightning' srikes, etc. Very well done really.

So today, in the middle of my first act duet with Figaro, as I was concentrating on my coleratura (if I am not having a good day, I need to REALLY work my stomach mussles to succeed !).. well..... in the middle of it all...... as I am singing,.. I hear a strong sound and I can see the lights blinking, going on and off..
I am thinking to my self: "Oh NO! one of the techies fucked up and pushed on the "storm" button by accident, activating the 'lightning' effect and all"....
I kept on singing, and the show went on...

Not until ITERMISSION did I find out (after people TOLD me!) that it was an *EARTHQUAKE!
a REAL EARTHQUAKE! my first earthquake, and I MISSED IT ALL!!!! (and apparently
a *5.0 on the richter scale too!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoyed this shaking story!!!
What did the other people done??
As it says: "the show must go on"!!! Kol HaKavod!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

No biggie for the locals here; They thought nothing of it ,really; went on watching me on stage, as one always should! ;)

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home