Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sing if you can

As much as Paris is relaxed, beautiful, fragrant breezy and si jolie, and as much as the music I am making with good friends is a harmonious melange of gentle viol sounds and beautiful compositions, and as relaxed as it all should be, my heart is so dark ,so heavy. It feels to me like this is a very close moment to the end of the world as we know it. The Middle East has lost it's mind; my best friend there sounded hopeless, devastated. My phone conversations with my family are cut by the sound of the sirens, and Hethrow stopped functioning. And if I do get back to New York, from CDG, so what? We are not safe anywhere. Mad mad people who fear nothing, are everywhere. Strange thing is, on 9/11 I was recording the same program with the same group of people, here in Paris. Try to make beautiful music, it might cheer somebody up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home