Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hot and cooking

It is so good to be home; it's very hot outside but here inside it's cool and air conditioned. I clean a lot and cook for myself, something new, but how exciting.
My cousin came to visit and I cooked lunch. This is what I made:

I sauteed pine nuts, chopped onion, chopped prunes, some raisins, chopped tomato and some coriander, until brown. Then added stock (Chicken soup) to a boil. Then I covered with couscous grains, removed from the stove and let the couscous soak everything up. (my invention of the day: Moroccan/Dominican Couscous!) :)

I marinated chicken breast over night (the night before) in soy ginger and sesame sauce (which I bought at fairway...) and sauted that too. I also steamed some string beans with a touch of lemon and some salt. To accompany that lovely mid-day meal, we drank Australian chilled white shiraz (that's a better version of the usual Rose') . Was lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Giorgia said...

since you apprear to be on cooking mode, could you please tell us the recipe for the chocolate cake you were talking about some time ago? :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Haha! actually, to tell you the truth about that cake... are you ready?... *{(( I used a pre-made cake mix))} shhhhh... BUT I did however add to the mix VERY GOOD chocolate chips ! :D

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home