Thursday, July 13, 2006

Oz time

Melbourne is great. (And even though they still haven't discovered the wireless and broadband magic in Australia) it is just beautiful here; A city I could call home, I swear I could, if it only were a bit..Hmmm... Nearer?...
Mom-in-law took us to hear Midori (sweet little Midori , but since it was our second night here, I fell asleep during...nodding on and off...) then see the Sydney Dance Company with a new fantastic show by Graeme Murphy , then to the zoo (that's my one and only request whenever I come to Australia; visit the magnificent animals they've got here!) . We also saw a comedy show with our friend the fabulously funny Hung Le, and ate lots of Vietnamese noodles and Chinese Dim Sum (here called "Yum cha" for some strange reason). I bought me a breath -taking new (blood-red!) designer gown that will be great for orchestral concerts and Gala performences ( And:aaah, it is so good to spend only 0.75 for each dollar!) and changed my flight to a bit earlier so I can run an errand or two at home before flying again. Busy busy. PS Will post some photos of gown when I get it (tailored and perfect). Getting ready to go to the local pub (I hope they got my sparkling Shiraz ready!) and meet up with some friends. No worries mate!

2 Comments:

Blogger Giorgia said...

> Will post some photos of gown when I get it (tailored and perfect).

I'm curious! No, I mean really. Also, well done on having it tailored straight away - I went to see a concert version of Mozart's Don Giovanni here in Rome a couple of months ago, and, well, bloody Donna Anna was wearing a lovely gown, only she forgot to get it tailored (say, she's some 5ft5 tall, the gown was maybe made for a 6ft tall person, I reckon...), and we kept worrying she could syumble into it for three hours...that's no good, tsk tsk!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Peter Bucknell said...

comment ye this is

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home