Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's a Mac world

OK, so I gave in. My new laptop died in St. Gallen, Switzerland. I got back home rejoicing the fact that I still had my old laptop lying around, so at least I could use it. then, get this; I dig it out, I turn it on, I work on it for a couple of hours, It dies! what IS IT with me? some deadly magic touch?... I must be the black widow of all PC's. Now, this shit can NOT happen to me anymore: I just can't handle it very well. not when I am abroad, alone, away. So here's what I did: (fuming and mad) I went to the new Apple store on 58th and Fifth, stormed down the stairs, got me a MacBook, paid, and left. that simple. Ha!! 85% of my opera trovatores swear by their mac. Never a problem, never any grief. So I will give it a try, starting tomorrow on my Philly gig.

5 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

Hah! Welcome to MacHappyLand. I hope you enjoy it ... I haven't met anyone yet who doesn't, but there's always a first time.

Thing is, I was hoping you'd tell us what you bought! (I'm looking at new MacBooks; I have an iBook and I plan on using it purely for storage.) So black? White? I'm itchin' to know! :-)

Enjoy your blog very much.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Thank you, Pattyoboe! The model I got is the new MacBook. it's a fresh face on the market, cute little thing;13 inch, 512MB,60GB and gor a built in cam. I will report later on how I like it. so far it feels sweet and I haven't managed to ruin it , yet! :)

10:52 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

PS it's white.( perfect, so I can be reminded NOT to eat my lunch while typing Emails... :p)

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, all my condolances for the dead pc and everything (surely you did regular backups of all your data, n'est pas? [episode of S&TC with Carry getting a Sad Mac on her laptop's screen and running to an Apple store with Aidan to get it repaired, with Mac technician asking them "what did you do to it" and Aidan replying "I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del", revealing he's a pc user, therefore Mac technician says "so you two [Aidan and Carrie] are not compatible!" spreads to mind...]), but I'm glad you finally got a Mac, I mean, you're a musician, musicians simply *must* use Macs!!!
:-)
The silly little musician in me is going to get one as soon as she will able to avoid using that bloody "virtual pc" thing to run all the CAD programmes she uses for work, thankyouverymuch.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

Thanks for filling me (us ... maybe others are wondering too?) in.

Hope you're having fun with the new computer!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home