Thursday, October 05, 2006

A day to grow wiser

Today was my day to be comforted. Maybe because it is my birthday, or maybe because Rosh Hashana passed by un noticed and all of a sudden I realized that I needed, and I am taking it; a day, a fresh crisp day like today to soothe me, soothe us, stop the clock for a moment, let me be loved.
And love poured in,with the sunlight and the first phone ring, loved poured in from family from friends, from strangers too. And like a new bride carried by her groom, I was taken by my husband to cruise around our magnificent city, for hours of warm breeze and soft waves and slow breathing and breath taking sunset over our tourist filled boat which became our own private sailing universe. The city lights from this side of the highway and the tall buildings;( we never dare to look them in the eye) but today they looked like stars in our sky.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh, belated happy birthday!!! :-)

9:38 AM  
Blogger me said...

yom huledet sameach :)
From another libra whose b'day is coming up next week!

g

12:42 PM  
Blogger Joy Fleisig said...

Belated shanah tovah u'metukah and Happy Birthday (thanks, coloratura...ahh, I didn't know it in Hebrew), and, of course, refuah shleimah. Hoping to see you wow us with Carmen on October 12.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Grazie, Toda, and thank you! (and happy October!) :)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home