Monday, September 11, 2006

From the New York Times: poop

Anne Midgette, the New York Times reviewer, hated the production, although it is the same old production she probably has seen or maybe even reviewed a few times before...Same old staging, same old traditional costumes and wigs. (Which were refused to be changed or adjusted for ANY individual in the past or present time, by the way).
She also couldn't find a nice bone in her body to help her credit my stage Carmen with anything good at all, but maybe the benefit of the doubt, since there HAS been an announcement for my illness, and (luckily) there was a short film shown beforehand featuring previously- healthy- moi in a rehearsal. Ms. Midgettte was kind enough to mention that I looked and sounded better (and more natural) in that rehearsal. She's got a point, (They usually do) but she obviously (didn't read my previous blog entry or) had any understanding of the immense effort I have made to produce a decent show. .. So I am gloomy. (and coughing).
:{

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, poo... :-(

Sorry to read that - that's why I always say I could never ever do a serious review of anything I see (opera or other types of shows), as I know people there on stage are, before all, people [d'oh!], so they can feel unwell, or just may have a not-too-good day for whatever reason like anybody else (well, actually I suppose anyone who does reviews should know that, too...), so I wouldn't have the heart of pointing out just what's wrong with their performance...which is what professional critics seem to be doing all the time, now I think of that...erm... ;-)

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better, now. :-)

7:59 AM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Thank you cara, you are right about critics. They have to critisize; it's their job.. But I wish they were at least *good*, happy people...Me, I'm hanging in there, going to see what
I sound like today , and am curious as to what might come out... ( aiming for a note or two...) ;) grazie grazie! xox r.

10:39 AM  
Blogger marty said...

They don't like being called the M word anymore. You have to call them little people now.

Good luck with your show!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

LOL ! thank you for that!! :D

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home