Friday, October 13, 2006

Poster

Sorry if you might be disappointed by the extreme anti- glam event I am going to share here, but here it is ; Yesterday morning I woke myself up laughing out loud (in my dream my husband was disguised as an orthodox Jewish woman, but with a thick beard covered in flowers, I was laughing at him so hard I actually woke up!), I felt good about my last few shows, t'was sunny, I was smiley, and so I decided to bring home the (bigger than) life- size 2005-2006 NYCO season poster which was up in Lincoln Center until not too long ago ; The huge photograph on it is one I quite like of me as Zerlina, about to be kissed by a Giovanni, from an old production I did once .
As they were about to trash it, I decided I wanted to keep it. A little souvenir for the rest of my singing life.
However,HOW to get it home was another story; It is way too big to fit in a car or even a van.
Being independent, stubborn and in an anti- diva mode, I decided to take it, by myself, anyway. By Subway.
6 feet of cardboard; Down the stairs, (try not to fall) 30 minute ride,(blocking half of a car) up the stairs,(oops, sorry ma'am) and when I was finally walking up the hill towards my house, (my little fingers were in such pain), I just gave up and carried it on the top of my head, this time laughing at my self.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy Fleisig said...

Shalom, oh sweet singer of Israel:

I saw your Carmen on Thursday and it was glorious. A rave review on my blog (operayenta.blogspot.com) should hopefully be up within the next few days. For now, I have just three questions:

1. WHEN are you coming "across the plaza"?

2. You are the only Carmen I've ever seen live who actually LOOKS like a Spanish Gypsy (actually, you look a lot like America Ferreira minus her "Ugly Betty" makeup). Do you have Spanish/Sepharad ancestry?

3. Have you given any thought to Eboli, preferably in French - maybe not right away, but sometime in the next 10-20 years?

Yesher Koach, achiah!

Joy Fleisig ("The Opera Yenta")

PS I think it might have been easier for you to have had them mail the poster..

7:18 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Dear Joy,Shalom shalom! Thank you very much for the compliment! I am actually all Ashkenazy;( of Polish and Slovac origin), and usually I have a fairly fair skin;{ In this production however, they insist on painting my entire body with an orangy-brown makeup (which makes me a bit irritated since it takes me forEVER to take off in the shower, and it stains whatever I wear to the theatre.. ha)}... Eboli; haven't touched it yet; Will see which direction my voice goes.. and WHEN do I cross the plaza? Good question... After he gets to hear me, ask Petie G... I will be more than happy when you can come to see me there too! :D xoxo R.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home