Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Cosi, and you are ready.

One long day , which had me in rehearsal space for 8 full hours, and the entire Cosi Fan Tutte was staged; me, correctly, in it.
I admit, I needed my full concentration power on, so I could remember entrances and exits, recit cuts, props and actions.
But having done the role several times before, gives me an undoubtful advantage and the ability to accomplish all that. with some fun on top.
If you think about the Vienna Staatsoper; that's their more or less USUAL rehearsal time; You go in, you learn your blocking in a day, and the next thing you know, you are thrown on stage for some high profile premiere. Not much of a process unless you've got it in you already, and thank God, I have, and this is not Vienna either. Just a lovely little opera house and a very nice bunch of people around who are extremly grateful... And so am I.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tenor we both know always says, with a peacock-like flourish, "Mah, io ho fatto la scuola di Vienna..."

XXXXXO, v.f.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Lui, ha fatto tutto, really... :)

5:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (even before coffee)...

*smooch*

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home