Wednesday, March 14, 2007

French kiss to my week

I have been so busy lately, I almost forgot to shave my armpits. I was traveling to sing COSI in the evenings and then traveling back to rehearse for my concerts ( happening tonight and tomorrow) during the day, and I am pretty happy about returning to some kind of normalcy after Friday, where I get back to doing my TAXES, my GYM routine, (and all else neglected).

Rehearsing for Chansons Madecasses (Ravel) is the exciting part of my past week; I find that I am in love with them and, re-creating them, is a true joy. Three gifted musicians and I; we seem like 4 painters working together with colors and textures, giving birth to something new; Gentle and savage. (On purpose I didn't listen to any recording of the piece more than maybe once, so I can be un-influenced).
Have a happy Wednesday, wrapped in a chanson.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

then TOI TOI TOI to you!!! :)

6:22 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Thanx Zia! :)

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/16/arts/music/16fest.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

THAT'S where Allan Kozinn praises you in detail... after detail... after detail.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home