Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Opera Europa

Ah! The gorgeousness of this crazy profession, and the gorgeousness of being in Europe!; Here is my cast:
1 Slovak, 1 French, 1 Italian, 1 German, one Spanish, and me. The Slovak is speaking fluently with the Frenchman in French, Italian with the Italiano, German with the Frau, and English with me. (Heyyy that's not fair! English's my *second* language!)
The Spaniard's speaking fluently (and with not any detected accent!) German Italian (Spanish) French and English. The rest are speaking (non stop, mind you) almost fluently with whichever language is called for.
At the end of our first rehearsal day, we are absolutely, linguistically confused. (The slovak is speaking French with the German who's spanishing with the Italian who's replying in Engilsh to the French who just can't understand why on earth is the English instead of Italian) .

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL-lerz!!! :D

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Talia From Israel. I watched some of your vids on youtube.com, and I wanted to tell you I think you're the best Carmen ever! (With Maria Ewing, of course...)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

toda raba! :)

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, ein be'ad ma.
az yesh sikuy shetavo'i le'eretz hakodesh matayshehu leha'anik lakahal haklassi ha'aluv vehasovel ktzat inspiratzia?

11:13 AM  
Blogger Singin'rin said...

Well, if they invite me nicely ;)

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll make them! Haha! No matter how, I'll make them. You know, the palestinians are not the only ones who use terror for their interests ;)
Maybe I'll put some bomb in Binyaney Ha'uma and say "Hey, guys, I want some real culture, and now!".

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Hey, guys, I want some real culture, and now!

hmm, should start doing the same over here, too (guess what: Rome's mayor decided it will be Beatles' Day on 1st June. Now please do tell me with all the due respect what the heck has to do Rome with the Beatles...?)...

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut, Talia! I love Rinat and Maria Ewing, too!

Salut, Rini! I MISS YOU.

Ciao, GiĆ²! Un grosso abbraccio!

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home